After a wonderful Thanksgiving with Baba, Coach, Cameron and Margaret (Cameron's sweet girlfriend) I think we're ready for the Christmas dash. While many parents foolishly complain about the stress of the holidays, I'm simply enjoying this fleeting time of year in which I can convince Charlie that Santa is watching him throughout the day. It totally works. Merry Christmas to me.
Of course, keeping Charlie on his toes takes considerable effort. For example, while driving to the annual lighting of the tree in Cincinnati two nights ago I casually asked Billy if he ever met Chris, my "childhood friend from California" (bonus points for semi-factual details) who was so naughty one year--oh you know, Billy, things like hitting his sister, running away from his parents, just really naughty things like that--that Santa didn't bring him any presents. Oh yes, of course we all felt sorry for him. But don't worry, Billy, Chris was so much nicer the next year, and yes, I do believe Santa brought him a nice red truck that year. Poor Chris, such a hard lesson... Suddenly, from the back seat, Charlie piped up, "Mommy, Chris sounds a lot like me." This was going surprisingly well. "Why is that, sweetheart?" "Chris and I are both short." Well played, Charlie.
A week from today is Charlie's 3rd birthday party. Check back for the photos and to hear our survival tales of the 20+ toddlers!
1 comment:
"Chris and I are both short..." Oh, Charlie, you always make me laugh!
Post a Comment