Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Perspective







A couple weeks ago the boys and I were in a small store with only two other patrons--a young man and a middle aged man who was a little person. Charlie peered at the little person from behind my legs and stared as he browsed. The store was small and quiet enough that any comments would be heard by all, and I was preparing for what I'd say if Charlie asked me an embarrassing question about him. (For the record, I quickly decided I'd turn to the man and say, "I didn't expect my toddler to get to the awkward stage so fast!" since Charlie doesn't know what awkward means). Anyway, Charlie didn't say anything and we left shortly thereafter. On the way home, I thought I ought to address what we saw:

Me: Charlie, I noticed you were looking at the man in the store a lot. Did he look different to you?
Charlie: Yes mom. He looked different! He had black hair, black eyes, and blue shoes! Where did he get those?

I had to laugh. I guess I shouldn't make assumptions about what my kids are thinking!

These cute pictures are from a fun lake weekend with Charlie's friend Abra and her family. I loved listening to the two of them talk--it's like they think they're regular people and not adorable toddlers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I doubt a little boy can be any cuter and sweeter than Charlie, except maybe that Jimmy with that infectious smile!! toach