Sunday, January 29, 2012

An Inspirational Thought about Marriage




This morning, while reading the blog of an acquaintance, I was intrigued by something she wrote about marriage. She mused that being married is, by far, the hardest thing she's ever done. Of course, she went on to say it's absolutely worth it because of her deep love for her husband and blah blah blah union of souls blah blah mutual respect blah blah trust that develops during the blah blah for eternity.

I was shocked by this statement. Being married is, by far, not the hardest thing I've ever done, if for no other reason than Bill puts his #$&*!%^ shoes on when it's time to get out of the *&#%&!$ door.

Did I mention I was reading her blog at 4:30 am while being repeatedly body slammed by my two wide-awake children?

5 comments:

Sara said...

That is too, too funny. And true. Now if only when Josh comes home he would put his #$%^&@ shoes in the @#$%^%$ shoe basket I bought because I hate tripping over them in the doorway, marriage would be perfect.

Courtney said...

Sara, this is hilarious! I'm tempting to steal this...

Courtney said...

*tempted. Geesh.

Baba said...

Having been around you and Billy for at least 10 years now I think you two have it made as a married couple, despite a few $%#!? moments over the years. However the fact that Billy does all the washing, all the dishes, loves you dearly and is gorgeous to boot helps. Now my beloved grandsons are another issue altogether. Although they are awesome in every way it is their normal, annoying childish behavior (like getting up at 4:30 am and creating little boy havoc all day long)that is "blah, blah, blah" about the joys of motherhood. I wouldn't change it for the world because I love my children and my grand children soooo much, but it is the hardest job "in the whole wide world and Canada" and I am glad that its you on the hot plate of mothering right now and not me. Honest, things do get easier.

Pam said...

I already commented on facebook, but then I remembered something I forgot to mention. When I first opened the blog I thought the top picture was a picture of your wedding dress displayed on one of your dining room chairs (since this was a post about marriage), then I noticed the hands and feet and I thought one of your little guys was wearing your wedding dress!!! lol! I had to click on it to then see it was just one of them in a hooded towel. haha!