Friday, July 13, 2012

Escape to Ohio

If our days in London felt like a course in Advanced Parenting, our time in Ohio has been Leisure Studies 101. Helpful grandparents, a spacious house, and plenty of green space are making life oh-so easy for us during our extended stay here.

Jimmy and cousin Joey in the sprinklers
The best shot of the cousins
This morning the boys and I hid in the cocoon Charlie made with every blanket and pillow in the house and told each other scary stories. Charlie told us a story about a little girl named "Mr. Curious" who got lost in a haunted mansion but saved the day by finding secret keys. Next it was Jimmy's turn. His eyes got big and scary and serious and he made his hands into claws and growled quietly. Then he blew a raspberry at us and laughed. It wasn't his best story.

These have been happy, happy days. The only hard part has been coping with the bittersweet nostalgia that knocks us down whenever we spend a day in Oxford. We have two more legs of this fun, lazy, friends and family-filled trip left before returning to Texas and reality next month.



2 comments:

Baba with said...

I love this picture of a happy, relaxed, adorable and loved Wilson Meier family. We can hardley wait to have our turn with all four of you plus Cam and Margaret when they arrive in Elkins for Bluegrass Week. I know how much the boys love to play with "Uncle Cam" and I know they well love to play with Margret too.

Kathy said...

Courtney- I so wish a stop through Wisconsin was in the plans! Love reading your updates, though...
kathy