I've been updating my blog less often over the past couple months. While this pregnancy and its 7:30 bed times deserve part of the blame, I've run into another obstacle that is forcing me to keep most of my blog-worthy moments under wraps: my four year old is becoming a person.
In the past, I didn't think twice about exposing Charlie's funny toddler antics to my friends or readers. In fact, pandering for sympathy or a cheap laugh seemed like my right as the parent who lived to tell the tale of each amusing or catastrophic event. But as Charlie has developed an interest in how the world views him (along with a big dose of his mother's modesty) I don't feel right sharing his vulnerable moments--those clumsy steps toward understanding how to fit into the world of other people.
Unless Charlie gives permission (and permission is only given when the story involves him being fast or brave or Jimmy looking foolish) I'll have to keep his daily adventures and mishaps to myself. But trust me, I have some really good ones.
I don't have new pictures, but here are some great ones I hadn't posted yet from my parents house in July:
Wednesday, September 5, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Tell Charlie Aunt Megan thinks he is VERY brave and VERY fast!
Court you are already proving to be a much more sensitive mother than I was. By Charlie's age you were completely modest and our biggest arguments over time were about me telling "your stories". I apologise and will try to follow your good example and respect your boy's sense of modesty. I will, however, miss all the hilarious situations you and your boys will experience with out Baba being there to experience tham personnaly.
Even though the boys only get a couple of days with their Uncle Cam's "hands on antics", I think its worth the wait. I am so glad you captured some of thoes moments in pictures.
Post a Comment