Monday, December 10, 2012

Cheetah-Jimmy

Yesterday, while Charlie attempted to build a "gigantic humungous tower to the moon", a predator lurked nearby. Every few minutes, Cheetah-Jimmy would leap from behind the couch or a chair and knock the tower to the ground with a growl and a swipe of his paw. Charlie was at his wit's end.

Once I realized what was going on, I sat guard while Charlie tearfully started to re-build. Charlie made his wide base and was starting the delicate task of building upward when I heard a rustling from the curtains and a soft growl. Suddenly, Cheetah-Jimmy emerged from behind the coffee table, pouncing with impressive height. Fortunately, I was able to catch him mid-air. I stood him up and reminded him that hurting the tower would mean a time out. With a mischievous grin, Jimmy started to very slowly circle the tower, looking it up and down, then looking sideways at Charlie and me. Charlie covered his eyes in anxious suspense while I urged Jimmy to make a good choice. At first, my pathetic reminders seemed to be working, but suddenly, Jimmy sprang forward, knocking the tower to the ground with a ferocious roar.

As I carried him off to his time out, he snuggled his head into my shoulder and said "ahhh. That felt goooood!"



1 comment:

Maureen said...

Jimmy sounds just like Mack...although it sounds like you are far more patient than I am!