It's official...Billy and I are going to have a baby!I'm due on Dec. 17th (one day before my birthday.) We have an ultrasound scheduled in a few weeks, but our main job right now is to wrap our heads around what it means to become parents. At times it still doesn't feel real to me. Billy, while more excited than I've ever seen him, seems unfazed and completely ready to be a dad. During one of my many, many phone calls to him on the first day, I asked if he's scared, and he calmly said, "we can do this."
Since Wednesday I've been slowly returning some of the summer clothes I've picked up in the past couple months. By the time the weather is warm enough for hip-hugging shorts and small-waisted sundresses I don't think I'll be able to fit into my old size. I never imagined that returning cute clothes could be so much fun. It was hard enough not to spill the beans to the sales women who asked if anything was wrong with the clothes; how will I be able to last eight more weeks before we can tell all of you?
Courtney
1 comment:
You didn't quite last eight weeks before telling us, but that's fine because I'm so excited! Besides, eight weeks would have been right around my graduation... although you DID announce your engagement on my birthday..
That's ok. The little peanut can steal my glory any time :)
Post a Comment