Friday, October 12, 2007

Almost 31 weeks







Yesterday was so exciting I had to break the once-a-week blog routine and post today.

After what appears to be hours and hours (and hours and hours) of work, Grandma Meier (aka Mac) finished all the baby bedding! In addition to the adorable lamb blanket she had already started as a surprise, she made a bumper (with two different materials, no less!), throw pillow, and super-soft baby blanket with monkeys (which Billy wanted to steal for himself). I just can't believe how perfect it all looks and I love bragging that our baby's crib bedding was made by his grandma.

As the nursery nears completion, I've made a couple other finishing touches. The infant care book that has been both intriguing and overwhelming me says that babies absolutely need to have a mobile over their cribs so they don't become bored or lonely. I've been at a loss because the only ones I've found are awful plastic machines that make grinding noises as they turn. But last week Billy and I found a really neat collection of hand-painted paper mobiles in a local store. After narrowing it down to cranes, song birds, and hummingbirds, we went with the songbirds and chose cardinals. I think Grandpa Wilson will approve! The mobile is so light and pretty and the birds move on their delicate strings from even the air movement of someone entering the room.

Courtney

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a lucky baby boy your baby will be. Besides his mommy and daddy, he has grandparents, aunts, uncles, and other extended family members that love and look forward to his arrival.

Grandma Mac, you did such a professional job and took so much time on your grandson's behalf. The beautiful crib now has the bedding it deserves. The lamb blanket is the most precious baby item I have ever seen.

Your right Mama Court, Grandpa Wilson loves cardnals and Baba Wilson know's babies like to look at black and white features like the Cardinals in your mobile have. In fact, you and Billy have designed a creative and beautiful nursery for your loved first born son!