Check out that cute daddy! Billy got a workout this weekend raising the mattress on the crib and reinstalling the car seat (we felt like it wasn't tight enough). Each weekend the baby to-do list seems to grow longer rather than shorter.
This weekend we also had a tour of the hospital and our much-anticipated newborn care class. The tour went really well; we couldn't believe all the fancy touches! I was impressed with the huge, private and recently decorated rooms (which even have a bed for dad), the menu filled with decent-sounding snacks, drinks, and meals (in lieu of the trays of mystery meat and jello from days past), and a DVD player stocked with all the baby-care DVDs a new mom could want. When did hospitals get so posh?
The newborn class was okay, but as I suspected cramming everything new parents need to know about infant care into a two hour class proved impossible. The teacher talked as fast as she could, but as the minutes wound down she resorted to reciting a list of all the many, many things we might do to cause harm to our baby. We're trying to keep the info straight, but I have this awful feeling we'll forget one of the death traps she rattled off at lightening speed.
Lastly, after a traumatic morning of realizing only one of my maternity shirts covers my ever-growing belly, Billy talked me into what will hopefully be our last trip to Motherhood Maternity. As I tried on tee-shirt after sweater after polo I realized I must be a freak. The smaller sizes make me look like stuffed sausage (with my bare belly hanging out the bottom) and the bigger sizes bag and pool around my shoulders and chest while they stretch painfully across the large expanse of my tummy. Embarrassingly enough, even the salesgirl was at a loss for what to do, and hung around the fitting room offering her sympathy and reminding me it won't be too much longer. Finally, after inviting Billy into the dressing room and collapsing into a mixture of giggles and desperate tears over how ridiculous I looked in a puffy-sleeved patterned number, I found one very unflattering tee-shirt that at least covers my lower belly and I reminded myself over and over that I only have four more weeks. In future posts, expect a lot of pictures of that shirt.
Courtney
3 comments:
Courtney, that might be the cutest picture I've ever seen! I hope the next four weeks go by quickly and comfortably -- can't wait to see you guys again.
Thank goodness the arrival of "MOOSE" is approaching. That is the BIGGEST bump on the littlest body I have ever seen!
XOXO, Baba PS Cudos to Daddy Billy for all the help he has been to Mama Courtney as Baby's due date nears.
Go to shopko for t-shirts!! They cover everything and you won't feel quite so ugly (all of MM's shirts made me feel hideous even before that last month of turning into a balloon). Plus, it is close by. :-)
Good luck!
Post a Comment