Sunday, December 16, 2007

10 days old











Baby's due date was tomorrow, but he decided to arrive early! Charles Wilson Meier (Charlie) was born on Dec. 6th at 3:06am. Even though he was almost 2 weeks early, he weighed 8 lbs 12 oz. Looking back, I'm not surprised he decided it was time to move out. He was getting so heavy I needed to lift and carry my belly with me when I walked! Even though I had a c-section, from the first day he was born I felt more comfortable than I have in weeks. When I look at him, it's hard to imagine he ever fit inside me!

Billy, Charlie, and I are doing really well. We're trying to get the hang of his schedule and we're perplexed by how a single 8 pound baby who doesn't even do much demands the full attention of two adults at all times. Although, I should admit that plenty of time is spent watching and laughing at his little expressions, debating about what kind of little animal he resembles (his impersonations include a badger, a squirrel, and a glow worm), and attacking him with kisses (Billy gets the face while I get the feet and tummy).

Of course, I'm including lots of pictures. I'm hoping to continue to update the blog, although I've realized that weekly entries might be tough. But check back for more pictures and updates!

1 comment:

Carla Hutson said...

Congratulations to all of you! It's been so fun to read your blog, and I look forward to more updates when you have time. The little changes Charlie will make everyday will amaze you! It is such a special time. Have fun with your new little son!

Carla (Ken and Alyssandra)