Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow day!









I know I'm alone in this, but winter is my favorite season. On Tuesday morning, when I discovered the night's snowstorm had buried the roads to daycare and shut down nearly all the businesses in town, I couldn't help but think of those perfect winter mornings in Tower Lakes when we lay wrapped in blankets on the heat vents in the living room, looking excitedly at the piles of snow and waiting for the news that school was canceled. I suppose Tuesday was a little different than those carefree days; Billy and I took turns chasing Charlie and trying to get some work done (home offices do have their drawbacks...) But the highlight of the day was getting bundled up and taking Charlie on a sled ride to the coffee shop down the street. He was quiet and seemed amazed by the transformation of our neighborhood. He loved almost all of it--just not the face full of snow he got when the sled tipped!

Yesterday Charlie got to play with Nate, Mitchell, and Leif at the Reeser's Christmas party. It was so much fun seeing the boys actually play together. It was also fun reminiscing with Angie and Lynnea about how pregnant we were at Angie's party last year! Things have certainly changed in the past 12 months...this year we all had spiked egg nog in hand!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Charlie got (outside this time)in real snow. You got your love of winter from your mama...I too have fond memories of staying home from teaching preschool on snow days and sharing the cozy day with my own two kids

This time I meant to put the explicatives in front of my name(inside joke).

Anonymous said...

i think charlie may be a little like billy in that he's observant. it sounds like he was taking in his new environment in a very thoughtful way, using big words that no one understands. or, maybe he just said "what's with the cold stuff?"