Friday, January 9, 2009

Another year







I've missed a couple weeks! Charlie, Billy, and I had a fantastic time  on our week-long trip to Ohio, but we're still trying to get back in the swing of things at work and home. Charlie is loving his new toys which include a talking, singing, story-telling Elmo from Grandma and Grandpa, a huge ride-able lion from Katie, a dashing leather jacket from Megan, and a simple wooden boat from mommy and daddy that Charlie hasn't looked twice at. We just can't compete.

Charlie has been so funny lately. We don't even watch TV anymore because watching Charlie is more entertaining. Here's one example: when Charlie gets hurt by something (stubbing a toe, bumping his head, etc.) he and I "scold" the naughty object by shaking our finger and saying "bad _____! Don't hurt my baby!" Charlie thinks this is hilarious. The other day, I realized Charlie was being suspiciously quiet in his nursery--a dead giveaway that mischief is afoot--so I peeked in the door and saw that he was trying to tip over his humidifier. As soon as I shouted "no Charlie!" his eyes got big and he took a few guiltily clumsy steps, then seemed to have a wonderful idea, turned and started scolding the naughty humidifier! His first lie! It was very difficult for me  to stay serious about the situation.

Charlie has lots of new "words" these days, too. Favorites are "b-b" (baby), "daw" (dog), "da da" (daddy), "uh uh" (woof woof), "mmm" (monkey), "daa" (that), "bi" (bird), "da-gaw" (something newsworthy) and a simple shake of the head for "no". 



Happy 2009!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yippeeee, i love seeing charlie pics and read his adventures, what fun and such a handsome boy. hny charlie, coach

Anonymous said...

Yeah, my "Charlie Fix" has finally been fulfilled. Reading your thoughtful, funny (of course you have a great subject matter) blogs are one of the best times of my week!

How fun for Charlie to spend time with his loving Cincinatti relatives. He even gets to spenf time with his greatest passion, a dog. I only wish we could all spend time together more often.

Is it my imagination or does Charlie's new smile look like his badger face, only shutting his eyes instead of wrinkling up his nose? Pretty soon he will figure out that one manipulates one's mouth when smiling.