Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Puppy Patch






















Charlie really got into Halloween this year, and you've got to give the little guy credit--from a first timer's point of view, it's a pretty strange holiday. But he did his part and seemed only a little apprehensive about the world suddenly filling with "uglies" (his term ghoulish Halloween characters), going to the "puppy patch" to pick out pumpkins (he even picked one for his little brother), wandering through two different corn mazes with his parents, dressing a like a puppy (as I'm writing this, it just dawned on me that maybe that's why he calls it the puppy patch...) and asking strangers for candy. Although, I'm happy to report that he didn't have the slightest bit of apprehension about eating the candy. Even better than the candy, however, was getting the undivided attention of his grandparents, aunts, and uncles. Charlie is in heaven when he's with them.

Charlie also had a blast at the Oxford Halloween parade. He was both terrified and mesmerized by the Redhawk mascot, and, of course, we couldn't keep him out of the freezing water fountain.

Our other little boy liked Charlie's Halloween candy too...after I stole a few of Charlie's chocolate bars and lay in bed, boy #2 went nuts and you could see his limbs jutting out frantically from all over my tummy. Such a bizarre but wonderful thing to see!

Lots of pictures this week, but how could I resist? Charlie made, I think, such a cute puppy! I also wanted to include some photos of our gorgeous new town. Isn't it lovely?

2 comments:

Baba said...

Oh My Gosh...what an adorable and serious "Puppy". He's looking more and more like his daddy every day! How great your little family live close enough to the Meier's extended family to enjoy these fun holidays with them.

"Toach" and Baba can hardley wait to see your little Puppy so he can compare the "Owie on his back to the "owie" on Coache's back.

I am glad to hear that "baby Puppy" enjoyed halloween as well and that big brother Charlie thought to pick out a baby pumpkin for him too.

Unknown said...

toach misses you all very much and thanks you a ton for raising my spirits during visit. love Charlie oodles.