Spring has sprung! With the beautiful weather has come a stretch of really good days. Charlie has been very sweet lately (I think getting outside every day helps us all feel sweeter). Sometimes I get this funny feeling that he's "trying on" the sweetness to see if it suits him, but I'm not going to complain!
Charlie and I love walking to our activities (and Jimmy, our little sweet potato, doesn't seem to mind, either) Of course, this doesn't mean our walks are peaceful...Charlie currently has an imaginary kitty who gets into all sorts of mischief while we're out. (Oddly enough, the kitty's shenanigans closely resemble the kinds of trouble-making Charlie usually starts on walks.) Charlie has to continuously stop the kitty from knocking on people's doors, picking flowers, swinging big sticks, etc, and then scold him and enforce a time out. Walks can take a long time. Bad kitty.
Jimmy continues to be sweet, but his sensitive tummy keeps him up at night and he spits up a ton. He had an ultrasound last week to rule out a structural problem, and now I'm eliminating certain foods from my diet to help ease his reflux and gas. Hopefully he'll outgrow this phase, because it's hard to know he's in pain and there isn't much we can do for him. At his appointment last week he weighed 11 pounds, and he's already out wearing 3-6 months clothes, but he still looks so tiny to me. The poor boy has no idea how different his babyhood is from Charlie's. While I used to hold Charlie around the clock, Jimmy has to spend much of his day watching us from his swing or a blanket on the floor. Once Charlie's down for his nap and I pick Jimmy up and talk to him, his little heart pumps and he starts breathing excitedly, as if he can't believe how lucky he is to get my undivided attention.
Happily, Miami has asked Billy to stay on for another year. We found an adorable house with a nice backyard just a couple blocks off High Street and about 1/4 mile from Campus. We feel like we won the lottery! Somehow in the past few months we've made a group of really great friends, and while I miss the ones we had to leave in the past year, good friendship has been the final step in making Oxford feel like home.
3 comments:
Yay! I'm so glad you are staying longer! When do you move? What street is the house on? We really need to come visit. Now that the weather is getting warmer, it would be a great time. I love Miami in the spring!
Hey there!
The second picture on this post reminds me a ton of Charlie when he was little. In any case, sorry to hear about jimmy's tummy troubles. Hopefully it will settle down.
A house! Courtney what a dream! That sounds so lovely. So happy to hear such great news. We too are moving, though still in chicago but there will be plenty of room for all of you guys to visit if you're inclined. Lets talk soon. Miss you guys!
Court, you look like your old relaxed, beautiful self again! Although having two kids under 2 1/2 years is tough, with your helpmate Billy and implementing your man-to-man parenting stragety it seems as if you have every thing under control. Now, despite the sleep derivation that goes along with having a toddler and a baby can enjoy being a parent of two sweet,funny little boys!
Both boys are darling and I can hardley wait to vist and hug and hold them again.
Post a Comment