Yesterday Charlie was having a tantrum about something or other, and as he lay on the ground kicking and screaming I told him I was going to ignore him until he was ready to calm down. Billy and I got sidetracked for a few minutes and I didn't even realize the crying had stopped until I saw a cheerful Charlie in the doorway. "Mom! Dad!" he called happily, "it worked! You ignored me and now I'm not having a tantrum anymore!" You'd have thought he was telling us he won the lottery. Which might have been less exciting.
As this story illustrates, I clearly have everything under control. I totally expected the situation to turn out this way.
PS: Jimmy just "army" crawled! Hurray and oh no!
1 comment:
This was actually my parents strategy for handling my tantrums as a little one. Apparently it worked better than anything else.
Post a Comment