I have to warn you, this is a boring post of the update variety. So if you're here to laugh at my clumsy parenting, wait until next time. But if you're a relative, long distance friend, or cyber stalker, this post is for you. Here's a review of our trip (with picture order following the categories):
1) TCU: I was caught completely off guard by the beauty of the school. It has a very different feel than Miami; it's more like a luxury resort than a college! The grounds are immaculate, the buildings are fancy and sparking clean, Billy's office is really nice and everyone we met was accomodating and friendly. As we walked around,our mouths hanging open, we decided that this must be what it feels like to work for a for-profit business!
2) Fort Worth: The city was fantastic. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it sure wasn't the winding streets lined with shady trees and adorable bungalows. The area right around TCU has so much to do--the zoo, botanic gardens, museums, shops, and so many beautiful (and probably unaffordable) neighborhoods. It's a place I can imagine loving.
3) UCC Preschool: One of the best parts of our visit was finding a preschool for Charlie. The school is part of University Christian Church, which is a very progressive and welcoming church right on campus. Jimmy is even on the wait list for the toddler class!
4) Our new home: After touring a bunch of duds, we found a place we think will be perfect. It's three blocks from Billy's office, three blocks from the preschool, and walking distance to the shops, and possibly the zoo. While it's only the upstairs of a duplex, it's surrounded by the aforementioned adorable and unaffordable neighborhoods we ogled at all weekend.
But, truly, the best part was coming home to our kids. It's amazing how much we missed them. I feel so much better about this giant move knowing we're planting our family somewhere lovable.
2 comments:
Looks great Courtney! We will miss you, but it gives us a great place to visit!
I think you are going to have a wonderful life down in TX! I can certainly understand being a midwesterner at heart, but it must be exciting to try something new. You are such a kind and lovely person - before you know it you will be a valued and special part of that community.
Post a Comment