Lately Charlie has been really interested in the Beatles and so we've been listening to A Hard Day's Night in the car. Today, as the song changed from I'll be There to Can't Buy Me Love, he cried, "Wait, mom, stop the music! Before we listen to the next song we need to talk about the last song we just heard. I have so many thoughts about that song."
Who needs a daughter when I have a son who wants to dissect the lyrics of a love song with me?
There simply can't be anything in the world that is cuter than a pontificating three year old. Other adorable Charlie statements from the past few weeks include:
"Do you want to know something really scary, but not that scary? Actually, it's just a little scary. Actually, it's not scary. It's actually very nice. Wait, I forget."
"For your birthday I want to buy you a green party dress that is size 32, because that's how big you are."
"For Thanksgiving I'm grateful for mommy because she gives me what I need and is gentle and doesn't try to fight me with the sword."
(Shouting happily) "Hey guys! Jimmy just punched me in the face and I didn't even cry!"
"Oh, not another mommy song! Your music makes me feel beautiful and tired. Put on the Beatles. They make me feel handsome and awake."
(While walking through the hall, Charlie spots our new shopvac) "Hey mom, what the hell is this!?"
And not to be outdone...
This morning, Jimmy sweetly climbed into my bed while I was sleeping and gently patted my cheeks. As I opened my eyes, he motioned around my face and said "mess! Big mess!"
No comments:
Post a Comment