
This weekend we showed off our little bump to family and friends at home in Cincy. Everyone was really excited and treated Courtney like a princess; I think I felt the first touches of fatherly pride at producing an heir. This was our baby's first taste of the West Side--Courtney even played the part by walking around "barefoot and pregnant" at the graduation party! Even though our baby will be born in Wisconsin, I'm hoping that repeated exposure to the calm summer rhythms of backyard wiffle ball and the Reds on 700 WLW will cultivate in our child an innate attachment to the land of its forefathers in southwestern Ohio.
Last week we toured area malls in search of some cute maternity clothes for Courtney. I usually don't enjoy shopping but for some reason it made me happy to help pick out dresses, skirts, and tops that she can wear this summer. I think in part I wanted to make sure that Courtney felt good about herself and her new wardrobe; but I also think that, as she modeled dress after dress for me, I was reminded just how lucky I am to be in love with such a beautiful wife.
Billy
2 comments:
Congrats again to both of you! I was really glad I made the drive down and was able to hear the news in person. Nicole and I are both really excited for you guys and really love the blog. See you guys on the 30th!
You guys are so cute. I'm so proud of my brother for so many reasons, but especially for how wonderfully he treats you, Courtney. I can't wait for little bump to get here!
Post a Comment