Tuesday, June 26, 2007

15 weeks






It's been another eventful week in the life of tiny. On Tuesday, Courtney and I introduced Billiño (for some reason this week I think of our baby as a budding soccer star who, in Brazilian style, goes by one name) to one of our family traditions: going to the Heidel House in Green Lake to celebrate our wedding anniversary--yes, it's been three years already! We lounged around poolside, walked along the lake, and enjoyed a fancy dinner. I just hope baby was wearing sunscreen because Courtney's tummy was quite pink by the end of the sun-filled day!

Over the last few days Courtney said she could feel the baby fluttering and swimming around. I even put my hand on Courtney's tummy and thought I felt some movement--maybe it was just wishful thinking, but I rather like the idea of having an active little baby. We also found out that the baby can startle easily. We were at the movies and all of a sudden Courtney nudged me and said, "I think our baby is having a fit!" Either baby was frightened by a loud noise, or it has a critic's sense that the proposal scene in Pirates of the Caribbean was contrived. Good eye, baby.

Billy

No comments: