Recently, Tiny's frequent movements have been making this whole baby business seem more "real". Despite the doctor appointments and growing tummy, I've had occasional moments of wondering if I dreamed this whole thing up. Or times when I couldn't help but think of this as a phase or a game we're playing that will soon be over and our lives will return to normal. However, the strengthening flutters and taps help me realize the baby is not only real but is getting closer to changing everything forever.
In the past couple of weeks, Billy and I have slowly started putting together the nursery. So far I removed a shelf and added a wooden rod to an old bookcase to create a little armoire, I found an extra copy of Marigold Garden (the book whose pages I plan to display), and I started painting the mats on our frames to match the blue theme we decided on (if it's a girl we'll do blue floral and for a boy stripes or checks.) It's fun having something to do for the baby, and it's fun imagining there really will be a little one in this room in just a few months!
Courtney
In the past couple of weeks, Billy and I have slowly started putting together the nursery. So far I removed a shelf and added a wooden rod to an old bookcase to create a little armoire, I found an extra copy of Marigold Garden (the book whose pages I plan to display), and I started painting the mats on our frames to match the blue theme we decided on (if it's a girl we'll do blue floral and for a boy stripes or checks.) It's fun having something to do for the baby, and it's fun imagining there really will be a little one in this room in just a few months!
Courtney
3 comments:
Your baby armoire is so cute!
comment deleted? whoa...that's scandalous.
wooooooooooooo bean!
Post a Comment