Monday, July 9, 2007

17 weeks


Shopping for accessories was fun but now Courtney and I are discovering the perils of the baby registry. For example, we had picked out a sleek-looking stroller and car seat set that would have made our little one the envy of every baby on the playground. However, consumer reports indicate that our chosen car seat ranked rock-bottom in safety. Oops. Then we read that the crib we had selected was also dangerous for infants because it could fall apart. Oops again. It seems that some manufacturers are waging a subtle GWOT (Global War on Tinies). Everyone is a suspect: yes, even the homely-looking clerk at Babies R Us, whom I now recognize as a pusher of shoddy craftsmanship. Maybe I'll just have to build a crib out of Lincoln logs. I can't see that going wrong.

Billy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

GWOT made me laugh because I actually stopped to think about what it might be before I continued reading. I thought it was actually something real. I can't wait to see you guys this week!

Lena said...

hi court and billy!
congratulations!! my dad told me the news a couple weeks ago and i've been meaning to email and say hi. you look beautiful pregnant courtney! it's so easy to see that you two will be wonderful parents. i'm so happy for you!

love,
lena

Anonymous said...

is billy wearing a yellow shirt...with jeans? weird.

Anonymous said...

Ah, my parents carted me around in a milk crate for a year, and I turned out normal.