Sunday, June 17, 2007

14 weeks







This weekend my parents got to "meet" Peewee (as my mom calls him/her) for the first time. It was perfect timing, because we had fun celebrating Father's Day with gifts for the wonderful grandfather and father to-be. (In case you didn't notice, I'm quite proud of the pie I baked for the dads).

Of course, Daddy Wilson is never content with being just a gift receiver, so he and my mom bravely guided our cart through Babies 'R Us as all four of us pointed at and picked up mysterious and intimidating gadgets. In the end, we settled on some cute outfits, diaper bag necessities, and various soft and cuddly blankets. I think we'll leave those mysterious gadgets for another month.

I also had fun picking out a new maternity dress with my mom. She wanted to buy me a maternity tee shirt and a pair of pants with a support panel, but seeing myself in the shapeless and poorly-fitting clothes was a little more than I was ready for. Luckily, my best friend Katie (who's wise advice has gotten me through all the major moments of my adult life) recently suggested I only buy clothes for the stage I'm in to avoid fitting-room trauma. My mom and the sales lady were impressed with her advice and let me leave the store with another non-threatening sundress. Thank you, Katie (and mom!)

This week marks the beginning of the second trimester!

Courtney

2 comments:

Kate said...

oh, court! you're so sweet! i'm happy to hear you had a great weekend with the wilsons and got another fabulous dress and other baby goodies! i can't wait to see you in person!

Fallen Fairy said...

Look at your bump! Can you feel it move yet?

I agree about buying huge clothes...but at least they're huge in a good way! I would probably take advantage of my roundness and wear lots of comfy, stretchy fabrics:)