





Billy proved his daddy skills once again late last night as he drove his sleeping wife and baby home from Ohio. I think he would have fallen asleep at the wheel if it weren't for his protective instincts! I, on the other hand, slept soundly after being thoroughly spoiled all weekend. I not only had two wonderful showers, I got to see so many of the people I love and who are spread out all over the country.
First, Katie threw a fabulous cocktail (and mocktail) shower on Friday night. Remembering the amazing wedding shower she hosted for me three years ago, I knew I was in for a special party, but the food, decorations, and every little detail were even more chic and elegant than I imagined. The pictures above don't do it justice. The shower had such a young and fun feel; as the first of our friends (besides Elisabeth!) to have a baby, I was surrounded by women who, like me, are a little perplexed by the complexities of baby gear (as well us totally overwhelmed by baby super-stores like Babies 'R' Us!) It was fun sharing our baby-shopping stories and confessing how odd this new stage in our lives seems right now.
On Sunday morning, we drove to Akron for a beautiful brunch shower at the house of our family friends. Kay's house and backyard were like a paradise oasis and I couldn't believe how delicious the food was! The thick french toast, prosciutto wrapped asparagus, fluffy muffins, and delicate salmon salad were right in line with my cravings. All the women at this shower (except Katie) have children already, so it was fun having very different conversations about baby necessities, opinions on the usefulness of this contraption or that accessory, and hearing some touching insights on raising children. I was also thrilled to spend time with family friends and relatives who I don't get to see very often.
This morning, as I look at all the adorable books, stuffed animals, clothes, and gadgets that the people in our lives picked out for our little guy, I feel really grateful for our friends and families, and I can't help but think our son is coming into the world with a head start on the people who love him.
Courtney
No comments:
Post a Comment