



Is there anything more fun than baby showers? We just got back from Ohio where my sisters-in-law hosted a wonderful shower. They traveled from all over to get there (Katie even flew in from North Carolina!) and I was so touched by how much thought they put into every detail. The games were especially good; besides a nerve-wracking game of "guess the girth" (everyone had to cut a piece of ribbon to the length they believed would fit perfectly around my tummy...see picture above) there was a shower-long game in which every time someone said "cute" and was caught, they had to give away a charm. Needless to say, I was out of charms after opening only a couple of the adorable gifts!
It was so much fun spending the weekend with Billy's family. Besides getting sound mom-advice on some of the baby mysteries that keep popping up in my mind (What's the deal with pacifiers? How many sleepers does one baby need?) being around relatives who are almost as excited for this baby as Billy and me is always a treat. As we were heading toward our car stuffed to the roof with baby gear, Mac said what I was thinking: soon traveling won't be as easy for us. We're used to packing light and heading out of town whenever we please. I realized that from now on we'll be leaving their house (and all our other relatives' houses) with all this gear and a baby!
Courtney
2 comments:
god those cookies look good.
i had so much fun this weekend!
It looked like a fun shower and I wish I could have been there. Answers to your questions:1)Since babies have a need to suck in order to survive, rather than being stuck to their mother or to a bottle all the time the pacifier gives the babies a little independent sucking time and mom a little indepent baby time. 2) Babies have a way of messing themselves both with food and other things, so you can't have too many onsies in the beginning. xo, Baba
Post a Comment