Monday, February 25, 2008

Back to work












Tomorrow is Charlie's first day of daycare. It's actually a dry run before I start work on Thursday. While I do feel ready to re-enter the world of grown ups, it's hard to imagine leaving Charlie with strangers. What if they don't respond to his little words and smiles? Will they know how to make him laugh? Will he miss me? Fortunately, Charlie will only be at daycare two days a week since Billy is able to be home with him a couple days I and can work from home one day. I think Charlie might be on to the upcoming change because all I want to do today is hold him and snuggle. He loves it, of course, but he keeps giving me this skeptical look like he knows I'm up to something.

Charlie has learned to stand on his own while leaning against us...at least until he gets tired and crumples to the ground. The first time he did this it scared me, but I soon realized how funny he thinks it is! Judging by the picture Billy took, Charlie is as surprised by this accomplishment as we are.

Last week I bought Charlie a little chair called a "bumbo" that's designed to help babies learn to sit. He looks so funny in it--he sits up straight like a tiny adult. The first day we tried it, Billy came home from work and got quite a surprise when he climbed the stairs to find Charlie sitting up by himself in the living room! Check out all the cute bumbo pictures we've been taking.

Billy and are are becoming total nerds in our quest to make Charlie laugh. It's amazing how ridiculous we're willing to act to get those precious chuckles!

I attempted to upload a couple short videos of Charlie (one of him "walking", one of him giggling). If this works, it might open a whole new way of sharing Charlie with those of you who live far away!

Check back soon for an update on how Charlie did at daycare!

Courtney

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The pictures and videos are great! I miss you all a ton.