Monday, April 14, 2008

Charlie's busy week











Charlie has had quite a week! We had such high hopes, but his first Reds game wasn't what I had expected. We had to run through freezing, sideways rain after sitting in hours of traffic and then parking faaaar away from the stadium. I was truly panicked (and breathless) as I ran through ice-cold puddles with Charlie clutched to my chest. He didn't cry, but his little fists held the blanket tight over his head and he pulled his little legs up as far as he could. I felt terrible that I subjected him to such cold. Inside, it was way too loud and late, and he looked shell-shocked most of the night. Poor little guy. After all the trouble of getting there, we only stayed for 45 minutes.

Over the weekend things improved considerably. We had our first vacation as a family! On the plane to and from DC Charlie acted like a perfect gentleman and seemed to enjoy all the action around him. The weather was so pretty and the three of us had fun seeing friends and going for a few long walks with the stroller. Charlie seemed intrigued by the metro, bus rides, traffic, and all the other things he doesn't experience in Madison.

Julie and Brian's wedding was lovely. They picked the perfect time of year to be married in Washington DC. Our friends were so good to Charlie; he was held and got attention the whole weekend.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Kaylee says, "oooohhhh". (It might be love at first sight.) :-)

Anonymous said...

Aww! Charlie found his feet:)

He is so cute, and he is getting so big!