Lately, Charlie's favorite thing to do is get into mischief. He seems a bit insulted by baby toys, and instead he likes to peek in cabinets, open drawers, empty bags and boxes, and find and hide grown-up toys like brushes and cell phones. When I want to keep him busy while I straighten up or get ready, I've learned to leave small piles of interesting objects (books, shoes, CD covers, etc) in places where he can "discover" them and think he's getting away with something. When he does these mischievous things he looks at Billy and me with a scrunched-up nose and pleased little giggle.
The other day Charlie fell asleep in my arms and I put him in his crib and left to change clothes. When I returned a couple minutes later, he was wide awake and standing up, holding onto the side! When he first saw me his eyes got big as if he had been caught, but when he saw my smile he got excited and starting bouncing up and down and hollering. I couldn't believe how lucky it was that Billy had lowered the mattress a couple days before. Now pulling himself up is one of Charlie's favorite things.
This weekend the three of us went to the zoo and Billy and I had fun watching Charlie wave earnestly to the animals. Charlie especially loved the buffaloes and the prairie dogs and he shouted out happily to both of them. After that we walked to the beach and Charlie was excited and a little confused about walking on sand. We had a picnic and Charlie ate a whole banana! He seemed to like the texture of the banana instead of the usual mushy baby food.
And, perhaps the best news of all, Charlie is sleeping through the night!!! We bought a book with a seven night plan, but after the first night he hasn't woken since. Why oh why didn't we figure this out months ago?
1 comment:
That video is so precious!
Although, I think what we're mistaking adorable baby gurgling is actually Charlie telling you his plan to escape from the crib:-)
Hope you're doing well!!
Post a Comment