Sunday, September 7, 2008

First steps!






Just one day shy of nine months, Charlie took his first solo steps! He's been cruising and standing for a while now, but on Friday he surprised us by taking about five steps from me to Billy. Once he realized no one was holding him up, he started squealing and pumping his arms and legs and then, of course, fell down. We're frustrated because we can't catch much of his walking on tape since he really just wants to go from one of us to the other and someone needs to hold the camera. However, we have a pathetically short video that gives the general idea.

On Friday Charlie also got his 8th tooth, started eating blueberries, and learned to clap. A pretty good day, if you ask me.

Friday was good for mommy, too, because I got to have a girl's night out at Beth's bachelorette party. I've noticed that sometimes mommies have even more fun out than their baby-less counterparts on nights like these. Coincidence, I wonder?

5 comments:

Emily said...

Oh my gosh! I'm so proud of him! And that sweater is so cute. I can't believe how quickly he's growing up!

Anonymous said...

Aww...he's clearly gifted. Yay Charlie!!

Anonymous said...

Daddy and I rushed home to watch our first grandson's first steps...it was worth it. I accidentally double clicked on the darling picture of him sleeping and boom---a darling long eye lashed face filled my screen. Thanks so much for always keeping us up-dated.

Anonymous said...

hey my comment didnt get posted, waaaaa, charlie is such a sharpie and so handsome in his argyle...we love him, coach

Anonymous said...

i think charlie should come to miami