Winter is here! Luckily Charlie and I both got early Christmas presents--my down coat from Billy is snugly warm and Charlie's snow suit will come in handy on the sled Baba and Grandpa Coach have planned for his birthday. At first Charlie was mad and confused when we put him in the suit, but when we got outside for a walk, then he flapped his arms happily and gulped in the cold air.
The change in weather reminds me of our first few months with Charlie. For most of my maternity leave, Billy, Charlie, and I stayed indoors, watching the Food Network, drinking all things steamy, and napping on the couch. The lack of activity was so unlike us and really made our first weeks as a new family special. While this winter is bound to involve lots of activity, I hope we will find time for the cozy closeness that makes winter my favorite season.
Fortunately, our house will be sparkling clean with Charlie around. Is it too much to hope that he got his parents' neat freak gene?
No comments:
Post a Comment