Thursday, April 30, 2009

Dr. Billy

Yesterday Billy passed his dissertation defense and officially earned his PhD! After years of hard work and sacrifice, it's wonderful to have something tangible to show for it. Wouldn't it be nice if other events  in life awarded you with an official title and accolades once you completed them? 

We put the house on the market (send us good house-selling vibes!) and we're planning for our life in Ohio. Will I work or stay home? Do we need daycare? Will we live close to campus and walk to work or look for a family friendly neighborhood or house in the country? We  get to visit Miami next week for Megan's graduation, and Billy is excited to meet with his former professors as a colleague. 

Seven years ago Billy and I graduated from Miami, packed his car, and drove up to Madison.  Now we're making the reverse trip, but leaving so many dear friends and life-changing memories, and bringing back a little souvenir. 

2 comments:

Baba said...

CONGRATULATIONS BILLY! After listening to your most excellent presentation at the conference at D&E College last week I know what a wonderful professor you will be for Miami University of Ohio, your's and Courtney's alma matter.

I am so proud of all the accomplishments Courtney and Billy had during their 7 years in Madison. However their best accomplishment of all is their "little souviner", our grandson Charlie.
After spending a delightful week with him I know that Court and Billy will have to use their considerable talents to raise him to be the confident, out going, intelligent, and strong minded adult he will become. I can't think of a better place than Oxford Ohio, near Billy's family and their many college friends, to do so.

megan said...

Megan's graduating! Megan's graduating! Megan's graduating!

Court, you forgot to mention that while in Oxford preparing for my *graduation* you will be at Steinkellers - THE best bar in Oxford, OH!! woo woo!