I have so much to cover this week, I decided to put it into three parts.
As I mentioned in my last blog, Billy arranged activities for "7 days of Madison" to correspond to our seven years there. It was so much fun returning to favorite haunts with Charlie and taking walks that used to be so familiar but now seem like they're from another lifetime. My favorite Charlie moment of the week happened on our hike to picnic point: As we walked up the path, several school-aged boys appeared and were walking towards us. Without missing a beat, Charlie charged toward them barking and growling. The boys screamed and scattered, and Charlie chased them happily until they were out of view. Then he continued on the path with a satisfied little smile.
Our brave little bulldog wasn't quite as fierce at the zoo, though. He was petrified by the goats eating out of his hands. However, my hunch is that it more to do with yuckiness than fear because Charlie is very worried about dirtiness and goop on his hands.
On Friday, I gave a tearful farewell to my coworkers, on Saturday we packed our suitcases and some boxes and reluctantly said goodbye to my best girlfriends, and on Sunday morning we left our house (please sell soon!) and drove to Cincinnati.
Goodbye, Madison. We'll miss you!
No comments:
Post a Comment