Charlie has really started to settle into life at Grandma and Grandpa's house (that's Maa-maw and Papa to Charlie). Now, that I don't have to worry about his transition from Madison anymore, I can't help but worry about how he'll feel when we move again--he's so attached I think it will be really painful for him to lose their constant presence. But this is a time for focusing on the present, so I'll try to put those worries away for another day and another post.
Things have gotten easier for me, too, lately. I'm feeling more settled in my new role as a stay at home mom and I'm enjoying getting to know my little boy in ways I might have been missing before. I feel like we have a partnership, complete with inside jokes (e.g. talking in a deep "man" voice to each other), shared interests (e.g. library day!), and battles that just constantly repeat themselves (e.g. getting Charlie dressed). Staying home has helped me live in the present and take things hour by hour, which aren't things that come naturally to me.
Over the weekend Charlie and I visited our friends in Ohio and I went to another baby shower for Katie. Charlie had a blast playing with Anna and her pets (and her parents :) while I got some grown-up time. Thanks, Jeff, for the adorable pictures! He aslo liked playing with Carter and helping Jack do some yard work outside.
The whole weekend I kept thinking how odd it was to watch Charlie play with the children of my friends from college and grad school. I suppose we really are grown ups? For the first time, people commented that Charlie's personality reminds them of Billy and I saw what they meant: Charlie is so earnest and tries so hard at everything. He's kind and interested in others, but sometimes in a more observant way. At times he's silly, but he's often very serious and intent about what he's doing. And he has so much confidence. I loved getting to see him through my friends' eyes.
1 comment:
Travels with Charlie continue and what a handsome and sweet little boy. adorable pictures of a wonderful time in his life, with Mommy's friends. toach
Post a Comment