Sunday, August 16, 2009

Emily's Wedding Weekend!













What a wonderful weekend! Billy, Charlie, and I loved visiting with out of town family (not us, anymore!) and celebrating non-stop.

So far, staying home with Charlie has been quite an adventure. We're all feeling the effects of the changes in our lives and we're trying our best to make things feel "normal" for Charlie. Although he's mostly his happy and active self, I can tell he's struggling because he panics when I leave the room for even a moment and when he wakes up from a nap or in the morning he calls out "Mommy? Daddy? Grampa? Toach? Baba? Emily?" It's like he can't remember who is going to take care of him or whose house he's in. 

On the other hand, he did wonderfully with Susan babysitting him on Friday night and Julie and Doug on Saturday so Billy and I could celebrate Emily's wedding. (Which, by the way, was just perfect). Maybe he's starting to feel more confident and this week will be better. And Billy and I sure appreciate the chance to go out alone!


1 comment:

Baba said...

WOW! what a beautiful wedding. Emily (Mimly to Charlie) you not only make a perfect aunt but a beautiful bride as well. I am so sorry we had to miss your exquisite wedding. Everything and everybody looked to happy and gorgeous. I espically loved the cake and your's and Kate's golden sashes.

I'm glad Charlie had fun with his baby sitters so you all could have and uninterrupted time. It warms my heart hearing Charlie calling for his realitives. Court said "Grandpa" means both Bill and Mac. I am glad he has caught on to "Baba and Toach" so we will always know which grandparents he is talking about.

Two weddings down, 3 to go (Kate, Cam and Megan's). I hope they all will be as happily married as Billy and Courtney are.

I can't say how happy I am for the Wilson-Meier family to be living in Ccinnati surounded by so many loving people and , of course the fact that they are only a 6hr drive from us now!