Monday, May 28, 2007

11 weeks


Baby made its first appearance (sort of) this week when Courtney's tummy 'popped' out and began to show. While Courtney is so small and skinny that the baby had no choice but to begin showing, I nevertheless take this new development as an early sign of baby's athletic prowess: clearly it has the Wilson power-forward height gene, and hopefully this will be supplemented with a healthy dose of the Meier sprightly agility gene. When Courtney says her tummy feels a little tight, I imagine that our formidable little uber-baby is doing some calisthenics to stay in shape.

We had a great time on our trip to Montana. I felt protective of Courtney and her tummy and tried to shield her from rocks, sharp objects, and other dangers out on our hikes. Although neither of us is particularly 'outdoorsy' I think the exposure to mountains and rivers will help toughen up the baby. Perhaps we'll have to remove the Moses basket from our registry and register instead for a coonskin cap and a spitoon!

Bill

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Billy, it's ridiculous how much you sound like dad. Your baby blog is even giving him some ideas about creating his own blog -- watch out!

Thanks for the phone call and singing happy bday! I can't wait to see all three of you in a couple of weeks.

Anonymous said...

Only my brother would use "calisthenics," "spitoon," [my online dictionary is telling me this is suppose to have two t's] and "sprightly agility" in his blog.

Don't forget how dumb I am, Bill.

p.s. - I must not have inherited this alleged sprightly agility.

Fallen Fairy said...

You are the cutest pregnant girl ever!

I'm so excited for you two. This little one is lucky to belong to such amazing and caring parents.