Sunday, August 19, 2007

23 weeks--What hath Bill wrought?




Although I had to leave my little soldier behind at a couple estrogen festivals (i.e. baby showers) while I did manly things with my friends last weekend, the boy has come through it remarkably well and he is starting to feel his oats. The strapping young lad--and I do mean strapping, because he is in the ninety-fifth percentile for weight at his age--has been kicking around so ferociously that we can see Courtney's tummy move! His movements and jabs wake up Courtney early every morning whether she's ready to get up or not. And sometimes when Courtney is half-asleep at night I'll hear her mutter, "Settle down, baby, it's time for bed!" That's my boy!
Our doctor even ordered another ultrasound so she can monitor the progress of this little giant; we'll post pictures as soon as we get them. Meanwhile I need to undergo more strength training so I can lift him when he appears in a few months.
Billy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope he'll still fit in newborn clothes! I can't wait to see the whole family at the estrogen festival this weekend :)