Tuesday, February 19, 2008

World travelers





















Our family survived our first trip together! Charlie was such a good boy and slept whenever we were on the road. Good thing, too, because we were on the road a lot! After a ten hour trip to Columbus on Friday, we spent Saturday stuck on a closed-down freeway thanks to a truck's poisonous leak. I was actually happy that yet another Wisconsin snowstorm caused us to cancel our Sunday drive home and stay until Monday because I don't think I could have handled yet another day in the car.


Charlie had so much fun playing with his relatives and friends. He felt like a prince staying at Katie and Jack's gorgeous new house and tried his best to be socialable on Friday night despite his tiredness from the long day. On Saturday morning he chatted and cooed happily with Coach (aka Grandpa Wilson) and Baba and jealously watched the grown-ups enjoy the feast Katie prepared for brunch.


On Saturday night Charlie basked in the glow of attention from his Meier relatives. This was the first time he met Aunt Megan and Aunt Kate, but he acted like he's known them forever. All three of the aunts are naturals! And, of course, he was very happy to see his Meier grandparents again and sleep in the adorable nursery Grandma set up for him.



This morning Charlie seems annoyed when I set him down. He's so used to being held and snuggled constantly. I think he wonders where all his new friends are. Billy and I are already thinking about our next trip back. We miss everyone already!












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We miss you too! I'm so glad you made it home safely; hopefully your next visit will have more enjoyable traveling conditions. Charlie is adorable..keep up the blog so we can "visit" some more!

Anonymous said...

Thank you sooo much for making that long road trip so you could introduce the Ohio crew to Charlie. As usual, Coach got the biggest smiles and laughs out of Charlie just by being him. Just wait until Charlie gets old enough to start wrestling....

Five more days and it's back to work for Courtney. He will have 3great care givers, Courtney (1 day), Billy (two days) and a great daycare center (2 days). Both Billy and Courtney have shared all aspects of parenting so I know they will be able to take care of him and get some work done too.