Saturday, October 25, 2008

Brave baby!









Charlie is one brave little fellow (as evidenced by this poster he "made" at daycare.) Need more proof? Let's see...

1) Charlie and I both proved our bravery by spending our first night apart while I was out of town for a conference. Being so far away from him was harder than I expected, but Charlie kept a brave face and only gave me a glimpse into his emotions by clinging to me koala bear-style when we were reunited. 

2) Charlie survived a trip down a water slide! Billy and Charlie stayed with me at the conference center/indoor water park/bizarre African-themed resort on the second night of the conference and we spent a couple hours exploring the water park. While I admit I probably shouldn't take parenting advice from 16 year old water-slide attendant guys, the one we met seemed so sure that his ride was baby-appropriate that it seemed ridiculous *not* to take a family run. (And I had been on the ride earlier and agreed it was very gentle and the raft was sturdy.) But judging by Charlie's horrified expression during the ride and frighteningly fast heart rate for a good 20 minutes afterward, it might not have been the best idea. But I do wish we had brought the camera!

3)  Charlie held his own among the four other (brilliant, handsome, and adorable) Teamwork Associates boys. Wendy and Gar hosted a wonderful dinner party and they demonstrated their own bravery by inviting all the boys. (Our small non-profit consists of 6 women and between us we have 5 boys and no girls). The boys had fun romping, sharing, not sharing, petting one of Wendy's five Greyhounds, and crawling between our legs while we ate dinner. 

4) Charlie was unfazed by the scary costumes at the Vilas Zoo Trick or Treating with Angie, Scott, Mitchell, and Nathan.  Not even witches and dinosaurs  scared this little Lion!

But even brave babies have times when the world is a bit overwhelming. Charlie found a small cabinet in the corner of the kitchen and he likes to crawl in there at times. Daddy cleared the junk out of it and now it's a safe and cozy hiding spot for little boys who have been brave all day and need a little alone time. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry my 1st comment didn't get through. Charlie makes a cute lion! Grampa coach keeps saying, "Where's Charlie?". He use to say, "Where's Cameron?" since he lives so far away. He dosen't say, "Where's Courtney?" because we talk to her so often.

As Thanksgiving gets closer we are getting excited to have 6 whole days with all our kids. I think Charlie will love all the rough housing that always goes on between the boys in the Wilson family!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable lion! He's growing like a weed! Uncle Rick and I might have to come up to Madison some time to get a "Charlie Fix" (oh, of course we want to see you and Billy too!)
Happy Halloween!
Love, Aunt Maureen