Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Taking a personal day...


I posted this on Facebook a few minutes ago, but I figured I'd record it permanently on my blog as well:

A minute ago, Charlie came up to me, wrapped his arms sweetly around my stomach and looked up at me with a big smile. "What are you going to be when you grow up?" he asked, innocently. As I paused to decide how to explain I *am* grown up and, this, (looking around our ridiculously messy house) is what I 'am', he answered for me, "oh, wait, I know. You're going to be dead. Because you're really kind of old." Then he added, in a sing-song voice "it won't be too loo-oong 'till you're under the grou-ound!"

On another note, and as you can see by the picture (taken moments after the above conversation) I've decided to take a personal day from my job.

No comments: