Saturday, September 22, 2007

28 weeks















What an exciting week it's been...our beautiful dresser, crib, and rocking chair arrived! We've had so much fun arranging everything: tucking all the shower presents away, putting out throw pillows and the bedskirt, and even hanging a some of the pictures we framed all those weeks ago. I still can't believe we ended up with such amazing furniture; it wouldn't have been possible without Maureen's expert help. Everything is so pretty and well made, I worry that our little guy will have the wrong idea about the lifestyle he was born into! Although I suppose he'll get a more accurate idea when he finds himself driven around in my aging little Saturn...


So many times before I was even pregnant, I used to stop what I was doing to peer into the guest room and imagine what it would be like to have a little one sleeping inside. I envisioned where I'd put the crib and changing table, where I'd hang the little clothes, what it would be like to rock a baby late at night. Now that the nursery is well under way (and I'm finding myself more inclined to need a little downtime during the day) I like to stop what I'm doing and rock for a few minutes in the new chair and imagine, still, what it will be like to have our little boy with me.


Courtney

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous or handsome (sorry moose) room and what a great looking Mom. wow!!!

you're right as Moose's nursery does look like Vanderbilt's house

Anonymous said...

loooooooove the nursery! can't wait to see it in person!

Kate said...

Oh my goodness! It's absolutely perfect and so darling!! Of course, I didn't expect anything less...
I can't wait to see it all in person this weekend!